Starting off simple, but nothing short of deliciousness! These super easy potato wedges are incredibly simple to prepare and packed full of flavour. They perfectly accompany many mains or can be enjoyed on their own with a sauce of your choice. Be careful though, they are incredibly more-ish!
4 large potatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cornflour
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and begin to cut them into 1 cm thick crescent-shape slices.
- Place them into a bowl and wash them once thoroughly just to remove the starch.
- Pour hot water onto the potatoes, until they are covered, and let them sit for approximately 5-10 minutes. This will begin to soften them slightly without cooking them too much.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C. Continue to make the spice mix by combining all the spices in a bowl and adding the sunflower oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Discard the hot water and place the potatoes in a big enough pan so that they do not overlap. Evenly coat them with the spice mixture and place into the oven.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven when they turn golden; roughly 15-20 minutes. Your wedges should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.